Someone gave the kids J.Pops baby donuts today. They looked so cute. Then I tried them, they also taste good! I tried to google it and go to their website but couldn’t find their location in Manila.
This is something great to serve when you have little tots coming over. I’ll update this post as soon as I get the information about the address of this donut place. But they do have locations in Jakarta, Shanghai, and several South East Asian countries.
Aren’t these just too cute!? Tastier and cuter than munchkins from Mister Donut or Dunkin. And it’s not as sweet as the mini donuts in Krispy Kreme. It’s tastes just right, especially for toddlers. But be careful though coz there are some fillings and I found out one of them had peanut butter inside. So if you have kids with peanut allergies make sure you check what’s inside the donut first.
Yesterday, I ended up buying florentines from Fleur de Lys Patisserie in Tomas Morato, QC. A friend of mine was eating it late last year and I just woke up thinking about it. I guess it was really meant for me to buy some coz Rick sent the driver on an errand in Q.C. Then I also had some stuff to pick up from a supplier near Tomas Morato. So talk about hitting 2 birds with one stone.
I ended up buying 2 canisters! Then by night time, only a few pieces in the first canister was left! Uh oh!
Then today, the craving was Pizza Hut with a stuffed crust of cheese. Of course, if there’s pizza, there has to be some soda. Good thing I had a can of A&W in the ref. So this was my afternoon snack.
Have you ever done birthday parties in your child’s pre-school or play school? It can vary from really simple to oh so extravagant! I’ve observed several and I know how taxing and stressful it can end up to be.
So my 3rd time to host one, I decided to make things less stressful for me and for the teachers.
Serving and preparing the food, feeding the kids, and cleaning up are the ones that are a bit time consuming and needs extra effort.
So what did I do?
1. I made snack boxes to put the food in.
– Prevents food from getting cold on the buffet table.
– Box is composed of a complete meal. Drink, appetizer, main dish, dessert, & utensils.
– Food is not wasted coz they’re able to take home food they’re not able to finish.
– No need for cleaning or packing away extra food, serving dishes, plates, etc.
– Easier to give food to other people not in the class. (Other teachers, nannies, or those who weren’t able to
attend the party)
– Not a hassle to bring in the food and prepare them in school.
2. I chose different types of food that kids love to eat. Tried to make it a bit healthier than fast food meals.
– For the pasta, I served twists instead of spaghetti. It makes it easier for the kids to eat. They have trouble
cutting spaghetti and normally end up making a mess.
– Served tetrapak and bottled drinks to eliminate glasses and spillage. For adults, I made sure the bottled
drinks were very cold so that I din’t have to bring ice. Which is also one less hassle.
3. Giveaways and loot bags that aren’t difficult to transport.
– Have a good size bag to put giveaways, prizes, snacks, balloons for kids to easily take home.
– Prevents items from getting lost and kids crying when they get home.
– When things are sorted already, you’re sure that all kids are given. It’s also nice to label the giveaways for
4. I put themed table cloth on all tables so that there’s a bit of color in the classroom.
5. Small cake with cupckakes.
– Cupcakes for kids to take home. No need to slice the cake anymore and make a mess.
– Made cake smaller so that the problem of storing a big cake and transporting it is eliminated.
6. Simple party activity.
– Brought a slide and a pool of balls. Since the toddlers weren’t old enough to play games, I just kept
them busy and it was a way to enhance their motor skills as well.