Have you ever done birthday parties in your child’s pre-school or play school? It can vary from really simple to oh so extravagant! I’ve observed several and I know how taxing and stressful it can end up to be.
So my 3rd time to host one, I decided to make things less stressful for me and for the teachers.
Serving and preparing the food, feeding the kids, and cleaning up are the ones that are a bit time consuming and needs extra effort.
So what did I do?
1. I made snack boxes to put the food in.
– Prevents food from getting cold on the buffet table.
– Box is composed of a complete meal. Drink, appetizer, main dish, dessert, & utensils.
– Food is not wasted coz they’re able to take home food they’re not able to finish.
– No need for cleaning or packing away extra food, serving dishes, plates, etc.
– Easier to give food to other people not in the class. (Other teachers, nannies, or those who weren’t able to
attend the party)
– Not a hassle to bring in the food and prepare them in school.
2. I chose different types of food that kids love to eat. Tried to make it a bit healthier than fast food meals.
– For the pasta, I served twists instead of spaghetti. It makes it easier for the kids to eat. They have trouble
cutting spaghetti and normally end up making a mess.
– Served tetrapak and bottled drinks to eliminate glasses and spillage. For adults, I made sure the bottled
drinks were very cold so that I din’t have to bring ice. Which is also one less hassle.
3. Giveaways and loot bags that aren’t difficult to transport.
– Have a good size bag to put giveaways, prizes, snacks, balloons for kids to easily take home.
– Prevents items from getting lost and kids crying when they get home.
– When things are sorted already, you’re sure that all kids are given. It’s also nice to label the giveaways for
4. I put themed table cloth on all tables so that there’s a bit of color in the classroom.
5. Small cake with cupckakes.
– Cupcakes for kids to take home. No need to slice the cake anymore and make a mess.
– Made cake smaller so that the problem of storing a big cake and transporting it is eliminated.
6. Simple party activity.
– Brought a slide and a pool of balls. Since the toddlers weren’t old enough to play games, I just kept
them busy and it was a way to enhance their motor skills as well.