For those who aren’t aware, it’s very simple to make pizza at home. You don’t need a stone brick oven, nor do you need a big oven to cook some pizza. Littlexperiences now shares how to get some yummy pizza on the table in minutes using a toaster oven. We always like doing things while making it into a learning activity for the little ones. As we always say, we learn from our Little Experiences…
- Ready made Thin crust
- Tomato paste
- Quick melt cheese
- Bell pepper
- Onions & Garlic
- Optional: spicy tuna, spicy sardines, mozzarella, olives, mushrooms, & other veggies
- Spread tomato paste on your crust.
- Generously sprinkle grated quick melt cheese and/or mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add anchovies, bell pepper, onions & garlic evenly on top of the cheese.
- Slice your pizza in any shape that would fit into your oven toaster.
- Toast for 10 minutes.
Here we have it. Thin crust pizza in 10 min. using an oven toaster. Very simple, anyone can do it. Food that’s quick and easy the entire family would love to eat.
This is also a great bonding activity with kids. They love playing chef especially when you let them wear an apron and a hair net or hat.
Through this pizza making, you can teach kids the following:
new vocabulary (i.e. toaster oven, degrees, minutes, spread, tomato paste, anchovy, etc.),
measurement (let them use measuring cups and spoons),
addition (have kids add the ingredients or measurements used),
fractions (cut the pizza into 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, or 1/8) and
art (you can artistically decorate the pizza with its toppings any way they want) while making pizza.
Things don’t always have to be complicated. Let’s embrace the simple stuff as these go a long way too.
Enjoy your pizza!