We always want something fast and easy to prepare for our kids especially for times when these little ones suddenly get hungry. And feeding little rascals isn’t as easy as it seems. They’re very picky. So ones you know what they like to eat, better learn how to do it at home. One of our favorite “go-to” meals is the classic carbonara. It’s easy to make, fast to make, and kids can eat them anywhere. It’s also a great option to take to school for lunch…Read More »
So again, it’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been quite busy with all factors in my so called “Life”.
Anyway, in that portion where wife duties are, I attempted to cook some good tasting steak for my husband. Of course, youtube and google were my mentors.
What I did?
Got 2 types of meat:
1. Bought U.S Angus steak at S&R, 1 big piece for 471Php.
2. Tried the Wagyu steak we got as a gift.
3. Salt and Pepper on the steak, set aside.
4. Used a grill pan to get those grill lines on the steak. I din’t put butter or oil on the pan but put it on the steak instead.
5. Cooked steak for around 3 minutes on each side…But for some, it was more of like 5 minutes coz I had to eat mine well done.
6. Used the same grill pan to cook potato wedges. Used real potatoes and not those that came readily cut.
7. When steak was cooked, set it aside for 5 minutes before cutting and putting them on the serving dish.
How’d it look? See for yourself…
So there, that’s my little experience in cooking steak.
Here I am trying to cook for the husband. I asked him what he wanted to eat for dinner so I could tell the help what to cook. He didn’t really give me an answer and in not so many words said it doesn’t matter, coz it’s all the same. Was that a hint??? Well I took it as one. So I go grab one of my Yummy magazines and chose a couple of dishes that were easy to cook! Checked our pantry to see what ingredients we had and the Beef Stroganoff won. It was a choice between that or Paella.
The last time I cooked for him was 6-12 months ago. So I suddenly had the urge to cook this particular night. Anyway, here’s how it looked like.
It was supposed to look like this:
Even if it didn’t turn out exactly like in the recipe, it still turned out pretty well. Tasted great as per Rick (well, what else could he say, right?!). He actually is honest when it comes to these things coz he’s scared to keep eating something he doesn’t really like…HAHA!
I loved cooking this, it was kind of easy, especially for someone who knows NADA about cooking. Our helper also learned something new to cook. I can say I had a very productive night!